Friday, April 19, 2013

MAC Newbies! (Baking Beauties & Haley Williams)

Initially I was extremely taken by the pictures from the Baking Beauties collection. They were so freaking cute! But once I started looking at the products I really wasn't that impressed. The only things that caught my eye were the lipsticks. I knew that I had to have Raspberry Swirl. After looking at swatches of the old formula for Lavender Whip, I wasn't that set on getting it. It was a little too cool toned for me. When I finally saw the collection online, I immediately put Raspberry Swirl in my cart. Then I decided to get 2 Lavender Whips. I would keep one for myself if I liked it and I planned on selling the other. I also decided to pick up the Lightscapade MSF that was rereleased with the Haley Williams collection. My thoughts and swatches are below!




Lightscapade MSF: I have wanted this for awhile now. I'm not crazy about MSFs usually. Lately they have been releasing some that I just couldn't see myself wearing. I decided to get this one because I am a self professed highlighter addict. I absolutely love highlighters and trying all different kinds. I just couldn't pass this one up. Especially since it is so coveted and doesn't get released often. I is however crazy hard to photograph with my camera on my pasty skin.






Raspberry Swirl: I LOOOOVE this color! It's a little different from the other colors that I have. (Even though most of my lipsticks are in this family.) Cremesheens are by far my favorite lipsticks so this was a great purchase.


Lavender Whip: I didn't know if I would like this because the swatches of the old version were too purple. I like my purple lipsticks to lean pink or else they look weird on me. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this up and swatched it that it was much pinker than I anticipated. So I decided to keep it!

No comments:

Post a Comment