Wednesday, September 4, 2013

*MAC Blush Collection*

I thought I'd share my MAC blush collection just to give an idea of what I reach for. All of the MAC blushes that I own are actually limited edition. You probably won't be able to find all of these, but with CCO's, ebay, and makeup swaps... you never know! The main reason I've gotten the LE ones is because I know that the permanent ones will always be around if I decide to buy them. The LE ones are unique and sometimes have awesome packaging so they suck me right in!

The Peaches/Corals

 The Purpley Pinks

First up is Just A Pinch Gel Blush. I believe it was released with the Rose Romance collection in 2009. This is the only gel blush that I have. I received this blush in a Makeup Alley swap. I've only used it a couple of times, but it is a very nice product. It gives a very "just walked in from the cold" type of look. Also it is really buildable so you can wear it how ever you want.


Cream Soda was released with the Archie's Girls collection this year. It has a satin finish. I personally was not planning on picking this blush up, but received it by accident (see my Archie's Girls Collection post). I don't usually go for light colored blushes because often times they don't show up well on my very fair skin. It is nice to have though for days when I don't want a lot going on with my cheeks.



Legendary came out with the Marilyn Monroe collection this year. It has a satin finish. This is probably the lease pigmented of all of the MAC blushes that I own. You have to build it up just to notice it. It does have a subtle sheen though. It also falls under the category of the days when I want a simple cheek.



 Honey Jasmine came out with the All About Orange collection this year. It has a satin finish. This color is still very new to me, but I loved it! It's got very subtle gold shimmers in it. It's just a gorgeous color and pretty pigmented.



Ripe For Love came out with the Temperature Rising collection this year. It has a satin finish. This is probably the most pigmented blush of the bunch. I love this color because it's so summery. It's a nice orangey coral with a bit of shimmer to it. I think that it would be flattering on any skin tone. Not sure how, but I forgot to take a picture of the bottom of this one. Oops!


Hipness came out with the Fafi collection in 2007. It has a frost finish. I don't remember how I got this one. I either got it on ebay or from a CCO. Since then it has been rereleased. This is my most used MAC blush by far. It reminds me a lot of NARS Orgasm only less gold shimmer.



Bite of an Apple was released with the Venomous Villains collection in 2010. It has a matte finish. It's the reddy-est blush that I have. It also gives that "just in from the cold" look. Because of that, I tend to wear it more in the winter. Even though this one is a matte finish, I see it having a slight bit of shimmer in the pan, but not enough to show up on your face.



Prom Princess was released with the Archie's Girls collection this year. It has a satin finish. This is a deeper blue-pink blush. I love this blush because it goes with so many of my lipstick shades. I don't want to wear a warm pink blush with a cool pink lipstick. With the pigmentation being so nice it's very easy to work with.



Overdyed came out with the Jeanius collection in 2011. It has a satin finish. It is similar to Prom Princess, but it feels totally different. It is more muted and has a higher sheen to it. Depending how it's used it can be very subtle or bold.


Her Blooming Cheek came out with the Tartan Tale collection in 2010. I had to pick it up because I had nothing like it. It's the brightest boldest fuchsia blush that I've ever encountered. Also it is probably one of the most pigmented blushes that I've ever used. With this in mind, you don't need to use hardly any to get pay off. It's great for a bold look.


Florida Cremeblend blush came out with a couple of collections. I bought it with the Shop Cook MAC collection in 2012. I had been lusting after it since seeing Temptalia use it as a lipcolor. It's just plain gorgeous. It adds a nice pink pop to your cheeks and is very buildable.


 Here are all of the swatches. Keep in mind that I'm an NW15.
 R to L: Just A Pinch, Cream Soda, Legendary, Honey Jasmine, Ripe for Love, Hipness, Bite of an Apple
R to L: Prom Princess, Overdyed, Her Blooming Cheek, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment